I’ve been tagged for the Liebster Award before, but Kellyn of Reveries tagged me
the other day forever ago (in June). Even though I’ve done it before, there’s a few new fun questions and random facts to share so here we go!
Ok, so I answer the questions, list 11 random facts, and we all know by now that I won’t be tagging any other bloggers because this is the place all blog tags go to die because I’m so lazy and get behind on these things. Anyway.
When did you start blogging? Why?
I started blogging about 2.5 years ago (craziness!!) in order to start promoting my books and stuff. Then it became really fun and I’ve kept up decently over the hectiness of school and life and whatnot.
What were/are your original blogging goals?
Well, I kind of already answered this in the first question. But not long after I started the blog, I started grad school, so then it became kind of an outlet to share stuff about school and random things and bookish things, etc.
Are you a fan of potato chips?
Who’s not is a better question.
Do you enjoy singing? Are you a good singer (by your own estimate)?
I do but I am definitely not a good singer. In fact, it’s a mark of pretty good friendship if I jam out loud in front of you in the car, probably to Disney songs but also whatever country song happens to be playing.
Do you ever sew? Knit? Crochet? Enjoy any of those activities?
Merp. I don’t really have the patience to enjoy any of these, but I do know how to crochet. “I know how to sew” is probably a gross overstatement. I can barely make pajama pants so I leave all sewing to my more capable sisters. I learned how to knit at one point but that’s since been removed from brain storage to probably make room for movie quotes or sarcastic characters that won’t leave me alone.
Does it snow a lot where you live? Do you enjoy it?
Ha. No. I live in west Texas. What is this snow you speak of? lol! It might snow once a year, but I’d say that I enjoy the thought of snow more than the actual thing that sticks around and leaves ice and means its freezing cold outside. I don’t do cold very well, guys.
Does your laptop run out of batteries easily?
I’ve got a newer-ish computer, so it’s still running pretty well.
If you could time travel, where would you go?
I usually answer this one with saying I’d go back to see if King Arthur was real, but the subject of Stonehenge came up recently, so I’d go back to see when it was made and see just what it was used for.
What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Usually sit up pretty groggily and then do a few morning prayer/devotions, then roll out and check my phone if I’ve left it across the room and not on my bed.
What’s the last thing you do before you go to bed at night?
Usually I brush my teeth and then jump happily into bed where I’ll usually say a few prayers and then pass out.
What’s your least favorite color? Why?
Burnt orange because I’m an Aggie. (The color of our rival school since the 1800’s.)
11 Random Facts.
1. I think cheese graters and muffin pans are the worst things to wash by hand
2. I really love neon, specifically green and yellow.
3. I could probably re-enact the entire LOTR movie trilogy for you, even performing the parts of the extras. The Frodo and Sam parts probably wouldn’t be perfect though since we usually skip over those. 😛
4. I am actually really fascinated by the concept of aliens. I also love any movie/tv show alien invasion related. I’m also kind of terrified of space.
5. Despite not being a fan of heights and flying in general, I’ve always wanted to learn how to fly a helicopter. It just seems like one of those useful skills to have.
6. Hamburgers, pizza, and tacos are three of the greatest foodgroups.
7. I love writing about sibling relationships and family in general. It’s much more interesting than writing a romantic relationship.
8. I’ve never liked The Wizard of Oz.
9. I don’t like old black and white movies or really any “old” movie from the 80’s back (with a few notable exceptions like Star Wars, The Princess Bride, and It’s A Wonderful Life). I don’t know if I could give you a definite reason.
10. I’ve eaten ice cream for meals.
11. I have an unhealthy obsession with the office supply aisle and the myriad pen and notebook options.
So there you have it. Again, I’m not tagging anyone but thanks again to Kellyn for the tag!
Also!! Remember you only have 6 more days to snag Adela’s Curse for $0.99 over on Amazon as part of the Homeschool Author’s read to win program (you could win a $100 gift card just for reviewing books)