Hey! Here’s a page about me.
I love to write books! Especially fantasy. I blame a childhood of devouring any fantasy story I could get my hands on for that.
My specialty are stories about finding identity, searching for hope in the darkness, and standing by the family you choose. I have a big soft spot for sibling stories and those feature heavily into all my stories. Also featured is lots of snark and high stakes action.
I come from a big family, and my stories are a little bit about paying tribute to the amazing, and sometimes not so amazing, aspects of family. I also struggled a lot with identity and being brave enough to accept myself as who I was starting in highschool, through college and grad school.
The self doubt still flares up every now and then, but I’m a little bit closer to knowing who I am, thanks to the stories I tell. If you relate to that too, then these are the stories for you. Because inside you is a magnificent dragon just waiting to be set loose.
When not writing my heart and soul into books, I moonlight as a pediatric Physical Therapist in Arlington, TX where my child-like and Disney-loving self is free to let loose. 🙂
Other fun facts about me:
- I have seven siblings! (I’m #4 and don’t suffer from middle child syndrome)
- I’m a Catholic and I love it!
- I’m originally from the deserts of west Texas and the Drifter Duology features that wild and lonely landscape.
- I’m an introvert. INFP and Enneagram 5.
- Redwall, LOTR, and Narnia are pretty much the reasons I love writing fantasy and adventure.
- Let’s not talk about how much pizza I can eat.
- How To Train Your Dragon and Gladiator are basically my favorite movies. Also Prince of Persia and Rogue One.
- I still have a serious crush on Eomer.
- Naps are the best.
- I still have no idea what I want to do with my life.
- P.S. I Love You is probably my favorite chick flick (of which I don’t watch many).
- Space freaks me out but I’d definitely fly an X-Wing given the chance.
- I’d like to think I’d last at least a week in the Zombie Apocalypse.
I’d love to get to know you too! Leave a comment with an awesome fact about yourself!