Hey! Here’s a page about me.
I love to write books! Especially fantasy. I blame a childhood of devouring any fantasy story I could get my hands on for that.
My specialty are stories about finding identity, searching for hope in the darkness, and standing by the family you choose. I have a big soft spot for sibling stories and those feature heavily into all my stories. Also featured is lots of snark and high stakes action.
I come from a big family, and my stories are a little bit about paying tribute to the amazing, and sometimes not so amazing, aspects of family. I also struggled a lot with identity and being brave enough to accept myself as who I was starting in highschool, through college and grad school.
The self doubt still flares up every now and then, but I’m a little bit closer to knowing who I am, thanks to the stories I tell. If you relate to that too, then these are the stories for you. Because inside you is a magnificent dragon just waiting to be set loose.
Check out the My Books page for a list of all my little book children I’ve sent out into the world! And to see the new books that are coming your way.
When not writing my heart and soul into books, I moonlight as a pediatric Physical Therapist in Arlington, TX where my child-like and Disney-loving self is free to let loose. 🙂
Other fun facts about me:
- I have seven siblings! (I’m #4 and don’t suffer from middle child syndrome)
- I’m a Catholic and I love it!
- I’m originally from the deserts of west Texas and am in the process of writing a fantasy series featuring that wild and lonely landscape.
- I’m an introvert. I took a Myers-Briggs thingee and came out a INFP if that means anything to you.
- I love baseball and the Boston Red Sox
- Redwall, LOTR, and Narnia are pretty much the reasons I love writing fantasy and adventure.
- Let’s not talk about how much pizza I can eat.
- How To Train Your Dragon and Gladiator are basically my favorite movies. Also Prince of Persia.
- I still have a serious crush on Eomer and his horse.
- Naps are the best.
- I still have no idea what I want to do with my life.
- P.S. I Love You is probably my favorite chick flick (of which I don’t watch many).
- Space freaks me out but I’d definitely fly an X-Wing given the chance.
- I’d like to think I’d last at least a week in the Zombie Apocalypse.
- I listen to a ton of instrumental soundtrack music. A ton.
I’d love to get to know you too! Leave a comment with an awesome fact about yourself!