If you follow me on social media, you will have heard the epic news that spread on Friday.
I HAVE SIGNED WITH CROSSHAIR PRESS TO PUBLISH A BOOOOK!!!!
Guys, I’m still so stinking excited! And it’s a book you have all heard about! I’ve posted about The Mountain Baron here before, and I’m so excited to announce that it’s going to be published Summer, 2019!
A disgraced clansman is called from exile to rescue his brother, beginning a civil war years in the making, and forcing him to confront his greatest fear—redemption.
And since I’m so excited, I decided to make a list of things that you should know about this glorious mess of a book that I love dearly.
- I started writing it back in 2014, and realized that it was becoming a way for me to process through some big life happenings and changes that negatively impacted me. It’s a story from my heart and I’m still kind of scared to put it out there in the world.
- It’s super duper long. I’m editing right now before turning it in to the publisher and regretting writing such a long book. 😛
- It’s all about brothers. (TBH, let’s not pretend that I really write anything else. #noshame)
- It has one of my most favorite people as an MC. Rhys MacDuffy/The Mountain Baron who I jokingly began to call my smol floof of anger management issues and that’s pretty much all you need to know about him.
- It’s Scottish/Welsh fantasy all wrapped up in one.
- Has super duper creepy bad guy druids that made me concerned for myself.
- Is about brothers. Wait, I already said that.
- Is a bit “darker” than my other books, which has led me to classify it more as “New Adult/Adult”. Also because it has some language and intense situations in it, so it’s a big step up from my other books that are out (see below)
- Even though I’m upping the “rating” on it, so to speak, it touches subtly on many different Christian themes.
- This aesthetic
Also, did you know that you can read part of the first chapter HERE?
Okie dokie! If you made it this far, I shall now be addressing #8.
Yes, there is some language in this book. It’s not anything more that what you might find in a Marvel movie. And it’s not gratuitous by any means. It’s there mostly for emphasis. A lot of the characters are very morally grey, so it fits the overall tone.
It’s been a big decision for me. Some of it might be taken out in the official editing process. But as it is, I think most of it will stand.
If this is something that you disagree with, I’m truly sorry, but I hope if you are interested in the book, you will still give it a try.
Also, on that note. I will be publishing it under a slightly different name – C. M. Banschbach.
I have a number of new stories and story ideas that I’m developing that will be following this more “mature” pattern, including language and tough decisions/situations (don’t worry, I won’t be writing sex scenes or anything). I don’t intend for anything to get gratuitous, but they will definitely be more PG-13 than the books I have out right now. This style has emerged as I’ve matured as a writer and a person, and holds very true to where I am in my journey right now.
I will still keep writing “clean”, young adult/middle grade fantasy/adventure as well which will continue under the Claire M. Banschbach name.
I believe the name difference will help audience discern which type of my books they would prefer to read.
All that being said! I hope that you still are super interested in The Mountain Baron! Make sure to follow me and Crosshair Press on social media to keep an eye on the process and to join in the launch/influencer team when that is announced.
I’m so excited for this next stage in my author journey and special thanks goes out to all those who have commented/shared/and encouraged me along the way with this book!